Sunday 20 March 2011

A little bit about me...

I have always been creative as anyone who knows me will tell you. I have done so many crafts in my life (so far) and I'm sure I will be doing many many more!


I am from South Africa but moved to the UK in 2002 and have been here ever since with the exception of a couple of holidays. I have 2 small children who occupy most of my time as I am a stay at home mother but I consider myself as a work at home mother! It is a full time job looking after a house and children and now a business too!




I started my business in 2008 when I learnt how to crochet. I got a few request for items and I thought this could turn into a business....it did! It wasn't always called Kims Colourway but I am settled with the name now. 


I make something everyday so there is never a day that I am not conjuring up my next project from an idea. I find inspiration in so many different places and things, not just for crocheting items but other forms of art. I wish I ad the time and space to do everything I want to do but for now crocheting will have to do.


So I hope you enjoy my blog and seeing the new projects I complete. Become a follower if you like, but never be a sheep...be unique!






2 comments:

  1. I too am a stay at home mum and love to 'make' home made gifts and cards. I would love to do what you do though - start a blog and set up my own business, but I don't think I have the confidence to take the leap. Your crochet is beautiful - it is one of the crafts I cannot yet do - I sew, embroider, draw, work with clay, paint etc.. but I cannot crochet!

    I hope you don't mind me asking Kim, but what made you move from Africa the cold UK? From what I have read and heard about Africa, it is such a beautiful country, the weather is warmer and the people appear so much more laid back, less stressed and much more 'family' orientated. I have always said that if I had the money I would move abroad permanently as I have worked abroad several times was felt so much happier and healthier in the warmer climate. Please don't think I am being nosy, I am just interested xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Babbity Bee, it sounds like you are very creative like me! So many people like handmade items so I think you would do well if you started a business. It takes a lot of hard work and determination but if you have it in you to make it work then it will be great.

    As for moving here, it wasn't really a decision I made, it just happened. Life is so different in the UK compared to Africa. I would love to go back but there are always pros and cons to everything. xxx

    ReplyDelete